23 November 2010

Chess workshops

Chess workshops

Hi my name is Heinzk and I'm back with a new entry for this super cool blog... about chess...
I've discovered I'm no good at "explaining chess in natural language"... so let's get straight to the games.

Oh no wait, first a cartoon. Windig & De Jong will actually have a brand new Heinz album called "E" published next Friday. It will be the second part of the H E I N Z series. Here, Heinz, isn't that great news! Smile! Smile!

Smile
I've played a lot of Internet games again and - as usual - lost more than I won. Once in a while a somehow really intriguing game comes by (chess is an intriguing game) and of course those are the games that are to be chosen for this blog. I've picked ten of them.
Ten games? Yeah it seems like quite a lot but there's this arrow > button and it will take you through the games without hassle.

...some guys say bullet is the fast food version of chess for ADD/OCD type of people, with no attention span whatsoever, and that it is the first step towards chess's demise. Let me just say it requires two full minutes of intense concentration where a single lapse will instantly kill you. Where else do you find such a thing? :p
And if you find the right opponents it can become quite interesting.

1st game this is an example of what happens when intuition takes over and I become trigger happy.

2nd game to be fair here's an example of me being schooled.
Play online chess

3rd game and this is an example of desperate needs lead to desperate deeds in the last sec of a game
Play online chess

4th game this is how to get flushed in a Najdorf.
Play chess online

5th game this is just plain craziness.
Play online chess

6th game, this is losing in style.
Play chess online

7th game and this is more or less unsound.
Play chess online

8th game this one is simply fantastic.

9th this is just a little cool game.

10th game and I leave you here to contemplate how sound this last one is.

7 comments:

  1. Thank you! Enjoyed the games

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this collection of games much better than the last collection.

    I only looked at the first 5 games more or less though.

    I prefer more frequent posts but less games maybe 2 games but every week you post something.

    NM Dale

    Sincerely... semi anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi thanks again for being the only one to leave comments, but why did you stop after 5 games, those were there just to warm up the spectators ;-) (the last five are at least as interesting)

    And about your other comment; it seems I do a monthly update, sometimes I have not so much of an idea of what to post, and sometimes I do. I could have spread these ten games over five blog posts but I wanted to show them all lined up together. See you next month !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally say the rest of the games.

    Very tactical those games.

    NM Dale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Were those games rated? - I don't think so. Those would be somewhat different, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would it be possible to put 2 games beside each other instead of below each other to make for less down scrolling?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anynomous one, sharp observation there, indeed these games were e-unrated unlike the majority of games I post here. If rated and unrated games are somewhat different in nature I wouldn't be able to tell. I posted the best attempts at Chess and as usual left out the flagging ugliness and games decided by such things as losses of pieces because of random circumstances. These games I chose to show because I thought they are nice and serve as a good advertisement for playing chess (even if not always objectively sound).

    Anonymous two I don't think that would be possible with this game viewer. In fact I just tried and the page gets messed up and it still doesn't show the games next to each other. Pity, peanutbutter, as they would say in the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete